2022 Camp Caldera Challenge Course Facilitator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Challenge Course Facilitator:
The Challenge Course Facilitator plans and implements curriculum that utilizes all elements of Caldera’s challenge course. They incorporate program goals into course facilitation and encourage campers to set goals, take positive risks, and challenge personal boundaries while on the course. This position will also help campers build a sense of their own strengths within a group and increase participants’ sense of self-confidence and mutual support. Ideal candidates for this position will promote personal responsibility and stimulate conversation that makes the lessons learned on the Challenge Course relevant to campers’ home and camp lives. This position may also implement and arrange program components outside of challenge course settings, such as off-site field trips or overnight hikes. Read the full job description and apply online here.
CAMP CALDERA 2022
Please read the following information before applying.
CORE DATES: Applicants must be available on the following dates and times to start each session.
- Arrive between 11:00 am-12:00 pm July 8** for Staff Training July 8-10
- Arrive between 1:00-2:00 pm July 12* for the Immersion 1 session July 13-22
- Arrive between 4:00-5:00 pm July 24* for the Immersion 2 session July 25-Aug 2
- Arrive between 4:00-5:00 pm Aug 4* for the Discovery 1 session Aug 5-12
- Arrive between 4:00-5:00 pm Aug 14* for the Discovery 2 session Aug 15-22
*Indicates half-day compensation
**Kitchen positions must arrive July 7, 2022 to prep for staff training
SESSIONS: Applicant may choose one or more sessions; placement is dependent on availability & scheduling. Applicant must be available for all dates in chosen session(s).
IMMERSION 1 & 2
- Immersion 1: July 12-22 - Working with 11th-12th graders
- Immersion 2: July 24 - August 2 - Working with 9th-10th graders
- DISCOVERY 1 & 2
- Discovery 1: August 4-12 - Working with 6th-8th graders
- DIscovery 2: August 14-22 - Working with 6th-8th graders
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Caldera’s mission is to be a catalyst for the transformation of youth through innovative year-round arts and environmental programs.