Hotel Accounting Clerk - Onsite Position in Boracay, Philippines
Hotel Accounting Clerk Job Summary:
This position will be based on-site at the Salido Boracay Hotel located on Cagban Main Road, Boracay, Philippines, and will report jointly to the hotel General Manager and the family owners.
Salido Hotel Boracay is slated to open to the public starting in October 2022, while reservations can be made starting in May 2022.
Local applicants preferred, as no relocation support is available at this time. Salary will be paid in Philippines pesos. We are not able to support any work visas for non-Philippine residents or citizens at this time.
We are looking to hire a successful candidate who has a degree in finance, accounting, or related field such as business or commerce. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records, supporting operations, and assist with budgeting and forecasting. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records, supporting operations, and assist with budgeting and forecasting. The ideal candidate should have at least more than two years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
Their responsibilities include reviewing daily cash balance, preparing quarterly payroll tax returns, sales tax returns, and other required tax filings, facilitate annual budgeting process and conduct in-depth analyses for financial projection and forecasting, compile ad hoc financial reports at the direction of management, preparing monthly hotel P&L analyses and provide variances explanation for review for the management, prepare monthly financial statements for review by management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Controlling the payroll and reconciling bank statements
- Preparing accurate month-end account with comparison to forecast
- Preparing profit and loss account and the balance sheet for senior management
- Assist in preparing budgets and business planning including project room revenue
- Ensuring legislation is followed regarding tax codes
- Chasing late payment, reporting bad debts and keeping an eye on the cash flow
- Maintain accurate and current AP and AR records
- Process cash disbursement and cash receipts
- Perform month-end close reconciliation and financial analysis
- Assist with preparing budget and forecasts
- Review daily cash balance and maintain cash flow projections
- Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation for all company account
- Review vendor invoice and monthly statement to ensure all expenses are processed in the AP system
- Other duties as assigned. All hotel team members are required to pitch in as necessary.
- Work with vendors promptly
Skills and Qualification:
- Honest, earnest and truthful in actions and words
- Bachelor degree in accounting with experience as full-time bookkeeper preferably in a hotel environment
- Certified Public Accountant credential preferred
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in using spreadsheets and accounting software
- Punctual, reliable and must have strong communication skill
- Knowledge about MS office, excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to work in a team and produce quality output under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail, prioritization skill and time management
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Able to interact effectively with all level of management and vendors
- A self-motivated worker with strong ethics and spirit that aligns with company ethics
Cagban Main Road
Boracay, Malay, Aklan 5608
Your application has been successfully submitted.