Versatile Cook - Onsite position based in Boracay, Philippines
Cooks prepare meals and food items according to recipes created by the company or establishment by which they are employed. They perform all duties necessary to ensure that a meal is properly prepared and presented within a specified timeframe.
This is a full-time position based at the Salido Hotel Boracay located on Cagban Main Road in Boracay, Philippines. Salido Hotel Boracay is slated to open to the public starting in October 2022, while reservations can be made starting in May 2022.
Local applicants preferred, as no relocation support is available at this time. Salary will be paid in Philippines pesos. We are not able to support any work visas for non-Philippine residents or citizens at this time.
Cook Job description
We are looking for a versatile and dedicated cook to prepare high-quality meals in accordance with food health and safety regulations and hotel standards. The cook’s responsibilities include following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders, organizing workstations, and assisting other cooks as needed. You should also be able to ensure that the refrigerators and storerooms are kept clean and tidy.
To be successful as a cook, you should be able to use various cooking techniques and methods to prepare meals that meet our customers’ expectations. Ultimately, a top-notch cook should be able to handle multiple food orders without compromising on quality.
- Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items.
- Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes.
- Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage.
- Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
- Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed.
- Ensuring that cooking utensils are clean before each use.
- Cleaning and sterilizing food preparation areas.
- Assisting other cooks to ensure that food orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Efficiently resolving problems with customers’ orders.
- Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
- College or culinary arts school graduate required.
- ServSafe food handling certification is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques.
- Proven experience working as a Cook.
- The ability to follow recipes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.