Seeking Businesses in Central and Eastern Oregon to Host Youth Force Summer Interns
Are you a business owner located in Central or Eastern Oregon?
Would you like to host a teen or young adult with I/DD for a 20-hour week internship this summer, with YouthForce paying the interns directly (at no cost to you)?
YouthForce is our workforce development program for youth and young adults with I/DD, IEP’s, and/or 504 plans experiencing barriers to employment.
This 10 -week program connects businesses with YouthForce interns entering the work force. Our goal is to provide participants with the tools and experience necessary to establish financial independence.
YR’S YOUTHFORCE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- 10-week paid internship (20 hours/week) *based on contracts
- Paid training and skill building (3 days)
- Resume building
- Interview prep
- Career exploration
- 1-on-1 and small group mentoring (virtual and limited in-person)
- Access to a trained Peer Advocate, peer support services
WHO QUALIFIES AS AN INTERN?
• Youth and Young adults 15 - 21 years old with verified I/DD, IEP, 504 plan
• Classified as a “student” in Crook, Deschutes, Jackson, Lake, Klamath, Malheur Counties (Oregon)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real Change Happens Here.