This position is an entry level financial analyst. The Finance Analyst I will assist the development of the departmental annual budget and monthly forecasts, prepare financial journal entries, produce various funds/accounts reconciliations and to prepare monthly financial reports.
This position is an entry level financial analyst at Lawrence Hall of Science (The Lawrence). The Lawrence has an annual operating budget of approximately 22 million dollars that is derived from a combination of university funds, restricted / non-restricted gifts funds, and revenues funds generated from multiple funding sources: public and private grants, business contracts, endowment incomes, and fees charged for programs and services. The Lawrence Hall of Science conducts a wide range of programs including instructional material development, professional development of pre K-12 grade educators, research evaluation and assessment of educational programs, educational programs for students, discovery labs, exhibits and museum store.
This position may work across multiple departments. Under general direction of the supervisor and department leadership, the Finance Analyst I will assist the development of the departmental annual budget and monthly forecasts, prepare financial journal entries, produce various funds/accounts reconciliations and to prepare monthly financial reports. The incumbent will also assist setting up and/or maintaining a digital system to organize and reconcile the Account Payable documents.
- Learn to perform basic financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations. Produces ledger reconciliations. Prepares invoices for business contracts.
- Learn to analyze financial and/or resource data; learns to prepare and summarize information and reports. Prepare basic financial and resource reports and/or analysis for internal department, other campus partners and external agencies; monthly financial reports, staff/faculty salary budgets, contracts, grants, business contracts, royalties, gifts, and workshop or professional development fees.
- Prepare basic to moderate budgets for contracts & grants and business contracts proposal submission.
- Prepare financial journal entries, produce various accounts/funds reconciliations, perform FTE analysis and prepare overhead calculations.
- Assist setting up and/or maintaining a digital system to organize and reconcile the Account Payable documents.
- Verify general ledger transactions for accuracy
- Ensure consistent and efficient accounts reporting, processes and monitoring.
- Assist or serve as backup to other team members in the department as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Has basic analytical skills.
- Gathers, organizes and performs limited analysis in the completion of work assignments.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Moderate proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
- Moderate proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly University’s financial and budgetary processes, policies and practices.
- Able to understand, articulate and adapt university accounting, payroll, and purchasing policies and practices.
- Ability to prepare reports accurately, attention to detail with basic problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to create visual presentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience in BFS, BearBuy, Cal Answer, and Cal Planning.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re More Than A Museum