Full time, salary
Assistant General Manager
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the successful production of stage shows, interactive performances, and other entertainment programming at Morgan's Wonderland, Morgan’s Inspiration Island, and Morgan’s Wonderland Sports. Serve as the main support role and contact for all entertainment shows and coordinate from scheduling, creating and producing, to show execution. The Entertainment Manager will provide professional client services support in the planning, organization, and management of all entertainment within the facility, monitoring the logistics of productions and shows, and all entertainment coordination including but not limited to outreach opportunities and programming within the parks.
- Oversee and manage the current Entertainment team roster and create opportunities for continued recruitment
- Create, maintain, and adhere to an annual working budget
- Oversee the creation of performance schedules for in-park entertainment and work with other departments to schedule talent for special events and special projects such as commercials and roadshows
- Work with the Entertainment Coordinator to ensure that all performance schedules and call times have been communicated to talent and crew
- Produce or procure sets, props, costumes, and/or any sound, lighting, and video needs for all productions to execute a successful show
- Oversee the technical aspects of performance including but not limited to managing the lighting and sound aspect of each production.
- Work with Entertainment Coordinator to manage set up/takedown procedures for each show
- Manage care and cleaning of costumes
- Manage and conduct a regular inventory of all Entertainment department equipment and production elements (such as costumes, puppets, accessories, etc…)
- Ensure that post-show reports and audience reviews are completed
- Other duties as assigned
Mandatory and Desired Qualifications Education / Training:
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including the use of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Business Skills: Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities; attention to detail; excellent written, verbal, and phone communication skills. Must possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills and maintain effective working relations. Experience in managing teams of 10 or more people is highly recommended. Bilingual is a plus, but not required.
Personal Qualities: Enthusiasm for the park's mission of inclusion; sensitivity to individuals with special needs; creative thinking and problem-solving skills; ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability and flexibility to work nights and weekends, and some holidays. Reliable transportation is required. College graduate or equivalent experience required.
Must possess experience in stage sound and lighting, as well as stage management and performance. Experience in puppetry, singing, and dancing is welcome, but not required.
Morgan’s Wonderland is a non-smoking environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
To provide a fun, clean, and beautiful environment free of physical and economic barriers that all individuals can come to and enjoy regardless of age...