Technical Program Manager, Digital Products & Services
Technical Program Manager
Job Category: Digital Products & Information Technology
Requisition Number: TECHN001634
- Posted: September 24, 2021
- Showing 1 location
- +1 more
Position Title: Technical Program Manager, Digital Products & Services
Location: Washington, DC; or Remote
Department: Digital Products and Technology
Reports to (supervisor): VP, Games and Program Technology
Special Olympics International (SOI), is the world’s largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities: with more than 4.9 million athletes in 172 countries and over a million volunteers. Special Olympics facilitates over 108,000 competitions in a year, across 225 Programs.
SOI currently supports technology solutions for Special Olympic accredited Programs and major Games Local Organizing Committees (LOCs) around the world. As SOI’s technology offerings grow, SOI seeks Technical Program Manager to oversee the technical aspects of system deployment, maintenance, and integration.
The Technical Program Manager will be the technical subject matter expert for all Special Olympic Program and Games Technology Solutions under SOI. This role is responsible for working with functional Project Managers to provide technical management and oversight. This role will oversee system integrations, assist in solution development, provide stakeholder and vendor management, and lead implementation of industry trends and best-practices as a technical subject matter expert. The Technical Program Manager is the technical software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) expert for Major Games and Program technology.
The current landscape of solutions is anticipated to grow within the mission-driven SOI environment. API integrations for SOI systems and third-party vendors is a core component of this work. Current SOI solutions include: SO Connect, a web-based software system designed to provide CRM-like functionality for data related to athletes, coaches and volunteers. GMS, a Games Management System currently used by Programs worldwide to manage membership and competitions. Census and Accreditation, two systems providing required reporting from all accredited Programs to SOI.
The Technical Program Manager will work closely with the Enterprise Architect in support of strategic direction.
- Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation with external vendors.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and creating a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Creates technical specifications for development and integration requirements as needed.
- Supports the architectural aspects of all projects in the portfolio
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
- Provide technical oversight and input to technical specifications to vendors on system integrations, database design, and development.
- Work within the department and with solution owners across the business.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- High attention to financial detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Knowledge of information technology topics including systems architecture, integration and software engineering
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style, teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical development
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience related to IT Management or other technical role.
- Experience in working with vendor, development, and/or product teams required.
- Experience in software engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Expertise with CRM technologies, cloud computing, data management and/or integration methodologies.
- Experience in Microsoft tools a plus.
- Experience in leading systems integration projects or in technology consulting a plus.
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Special Olympics supports over 5 million athletes, 1 million coaches and volunteers, more than 100,000 competitions each year, and 32 Olympic-type spo...