Job Category: Digital Products & Information Technology
Requisition Number: CYBER001704 Apply now
- Posted: February 2, 2022
- Showing 1 location
- District of Columbia, USA
- +1 more
Special Olympics International (SOI) is an NGO providing sports training and competition to more than 5 million people with intellectual and development disabilities (IDD) in over 170 countries. With over one million coaches and volunteers, Special Olympics delivers 33 Olympic-type sports and more than 108,000 games and competitions throughout the year. In addition to sports programming, Special Olympics offers supporting initiatives and programs, including Special Olympics Healthy Athletes and Healthy Communities, Unified Sports, Young Athletes, and Unified Strategy for Schools.
The Special Olympics Digital Products and Technology team is focused on improving outcomes for the athletes we serve, enabling rapid and efficient health research, supporting business decisions, managing risk, and responding to and developing technology-driven solutions to address the needs of Special Olympics staff and programs at the state, country, and regional levels. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a major positive impact in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Engineer to manage the organizations security solutions and tools that protect networks, servers, applications, and associated platforms and services.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Digital Enterprise Solutions, and work closely with Digital Products and Technology teams, management teams, and third-party vendors to implement and maintain security policies, procedures, and operations for detection, response, prevention, and mitigation of security threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, and risks. This role will work with the Enterprise Architect and the Systems Operations team to develop solution requirements, implement and maintain various security solutions, and manage ongoing tuning and enhancement of those solutions. This role also evaluates existing and new technologies to ensure the organization has the optimal security solutions in place.
Objectives of this Role:
- Protect the organization’s data and technology environments from all security threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain security policies and procedures that are utilized throughout the organization.
- Designs, implements, and maintains security tools and solutions.
- Identifies issues and potential enhancements to security solutions and works with vendor and operational partners to correct issues and implement enhancements.
- Consults with control owners and risk partners to ensure tools and solutions are providing the required security controls.
- Coordinates with vendors, sourcing, and finance to maintain product support and maintenance agreements.
- Monitors industry security updates, technologies and best practices on a continual basis to improve overall security management.
- Serves as an internal information security consultant on security solution designs and capabilities for the organization.
- Performs testing and analysis of complex software systems to determine both the functionality and intent of the systems.
- Builds and maintains operational and configuration documentation and creates and maintains diagrams.
- Works with the Enterprise Architect and Technology Operations team to enhance the overall security posture of the enterprise.
- Contributes to the planning, development, implementation and updating of the organization’s information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of IT engineering experience with at least 3 years in Cybersecurity
- 2+ years of network security experience
- Experience with at least one of the following network security platforms: Firewalls, Proxies, and Network Access Control
- In depth knowledge of security protocols and principles and cloud cybersecurity standards and frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or other STEM degree, or relevant equivalent professional experience.
- General information security certifications (CISSP, GSEC, etc)
- Technical information security and related network certifications (CCNA, GIAC, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with development and management of firewall and threat policies
- Experience with web filtering solutions (proxies, firewall URL filters)
- Experience with network access control and network segmentation solutions
- Experience with packet capture and aggregation platforms
- Experience with cloud security, cloud provider ecosystems (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Experience in developing automation to improve efficiency
- Strong expertise with network security systems and design
- Highly proficient in engineering and debugging of complex IT systems
- Ability to work across functional groups to implement and maintain network security solutions
Special Olympics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Special Olympics supports over 5 million athletes, 1 million coaches and volunteers, more than 100,000 competitions each year, and 32 Olympic-type spo...