Compliance Analyst / Advocate
DISABILITY RIGHTS OREGON
Compliance Analyst / Advocate
STRENGTHENING PROTECTIONS FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFICIARIES
Imagine for a moment, a world where every single person feels equal to another and every person feels a sense of belonging in their communities, places of work and among others.
At Disability Rights Oregon, this is more than just a dream. This is our mission. We envision a world in which people with disabilities have equal opportunity, full participation in our communities, and the ability to exercise meaningful choice. Every day, we strive to make Oregon a more welcoming place for people with disabilities.
Disability Rights Oregon is seeking a Compliance Analyst who thrives in a team environment and has the drive and determination to advocate for people with disabilities and their rights.
The Compliance Analyst conducts site reviews, following specific guidelines and protocols as set forth by the Social Security Administration (SSA), to evaluate representative payees, identify financial abuse or neglect, and make recommendations for improvement. The Compliance Analyst also conducts educational visits is to ensure that representative payees fully understand their duties and responsibilities and are on the right track with respect to recordkeeping and reporting.
This position requires frequent travel within Oregon for approximately 60% of the position. Travel will vary from week to week depending on the location of the review being conducted. In some weeks, travel will include overnights or multiple days and may including occasional weekend travel.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO ACCOMPLISH:
- Independently conduct site visits to interview representative payees and beneficiaries, review confidential and private records, document observations and collect evidence and information of value.
- Evaluate and analyze financial records to assess violations or potential incidents of mismanagement of beneficiary funds.
- Ability to maintain timely documentation with careful attention to detail and data entry accuracy in SSA specified data collection system.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Review worksites and housing facilities for possible health and safety violations.
- Obtain appropriate release of information authorizations in order to collect, analyze, and evaluate records related to complaints of abuse, neglect, or rights violations.
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing the investigation or monitoring visit, findings and recommendations with supporting documentation.
- Develop recommendations for corrective action plans, based on evaluation and analysis of review, to assist representative payees in conforming to requirements specified by the Social Security Administration Commissioner.
- Assist in development, implementation, and evaluation of program goals and objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's Degree or similar experience, preferred
- Four (4) years’ experience investigating, monitoring, or ensuring compliance with city, county, or other government programs, which may include developmental disability services, aging services, or mental health services.
- Demonstrated success in working with persons with disabilities and maintaining confidential information.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to do so in a concise manner, even when doing so regarding complex issues to a variety of people.
- Previous experience working as a contractor to the Social Security Administration, preferred.
- Previous experience with the Social Security Administration, preferred.
- Interviewing people with disabilities with communication barriers, preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER [BESIDES A REWARDING JOB!]:
- 35 hour workweek is full time at DRO
- Flexible cafeteria benefit plan to use for employer sponsored Medical and Dental insurance
- 14 paid holidays including floating holidays
- Vacation time and paid sick leave
- Employer funded retirement account
- Cafeteria/flexible spending accounts
- Competitive compensation
- Employer paid life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and short-term disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid association dues and professional development opportunities
WHERE IS THIS POSITION LOCATED?
We’re all working remotely right now due to COVID, but once our office reopens this position will be based in DRO’s main office in Portland, Oregon. This position requires travel within Oregon.
We can’t wait to hear from you! For consideration, please email with your resume, list of potential references and a cover letter with relevant experience attached to email@example.com by May 11, 2022.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION
Disability Rights Oregon is committed to creating a diverse workforce to strengthen our organization and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self- expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work helps shape the culture here at Disability Rights Oregon. We strive to have a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. All employment decisions at Disability Rights Oregon are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age (18 and over), veteran status, uniform service member status, unemployment status, sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender-related identity and gender expression), marital status, family status, or an individual having been a victim of sexual abuse, including domestic abuse, sexual assault or stalking.
If you meet key qualifications for the job, and believe you would be the best fit, we would encourage you to apply; please use your cover letter to explain how you will accomplish parts of the job for which you have less experience. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please apply.
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We envision a world in which people with disabilities truly belong