Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program
Dallas Retirement Village – Nursing Assistant Classes
Certified Nursing Assistants are very important to the healthcare community. This is especially true for Long Term Care (LTC) facilities.
In order to meet the challenge, Dallas Retirement Village is holding our own nursing assistant training program. The program director and instructor is Carole Nice, RN, who has been at DRV since 2013.
Here is what you need to know:
- Free – except OSBN certification test and state fingerprint fees, which the student pays, unless you accept employment with DRV during the class and DRV pays the fees.
- Students purchase their own scrubs, shoes, and office supplies needed for note taking, etc.
- Materials: Textbook and workbook are provided.
- Classes are ongoing throughout the year.
Applications must be submitted online and screened for acceptance, including:
- Interview with teaching RN, background check will be performed
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Letters of Reference – two (2) submitted at time of interview
Classes consist of 2 phases. The classroom phase is four (4) weeks and the clinical phase is two (2 1/2) weeks followed by one (1) day for OSBN paperwork completion and one (1) day for graduation
- Classroom phase: Monday thru Thursday 8:00AM to 3:00PM
- Clinical phase: Monday thru Thursday 6:15AM to 2:15PM
The new schedule is subject to change as the virus changes.
CLASS DATES APPLICATION DUE INTERVIEW DATES GRADUATION
Sept 15 – Nov 1 August 15 August 29, 30, 31 November 3
Dec 19 , 2022 – Jan 31, 2023 November 14 Nov 28, 29, 30, Dec 1 February 2, 2023
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The difference is real at Dallas Retirement Village.