Math Teacher (Grades 6-12)
Interested in Joining Our Team?
At this time we have an opening for a Math teacher.
Temple Grandin School is seeking a dynamic, compassionate educator to join our math/science team. This is a flexible position, ranging from .6 to 1.0 FTE depending on duties assigned. The ideal candidate will bring a love of mathematics and knowledge of current mathematics teaching best practices, patience, flexibility, sense of humor, and a deep connection to the mission of Temple Grandin School.
Our twice-exceptional students on the autism spectrum are engaged problem-solvers and capable mathematical thinkers who are keenly interested in real-world problems. They may have challenges with fluency and recall, and benefit from support to explain their thinking. We provide the training and support needed to successfully engage with these neurodiverse students. You bring your passion for mathematics content, and a willingness to contribute fresh ideas to an enthusiastic socio-academic team. Interested? Read more below!
Students & Classroom
- Grades 6-12
- 3-4 classes of 4-8 students (MS math, integrated HS math, and Advanced Topics)
- Behavioral support provided as needed by student support team
Curriculum & Teaching
- Content-area expertise required:
- Mathematics, pre-Algebra through pre-Calculus
Content-area expertise preferred: special education, experience working with neurodiverse students; educational technology
Opportunity to contribute to math curriculum design and continued TGS program development
Opportunity to share personal interests with students through TGS’ enrichment program
1:1 chromebook environment using Google for Education and additional digital tools
Work Environment & Team
- Strong academic team committed to collaboration and cross-disciplinary support
- Partnership and teaming with student support team
- Opportunity to participate in delivering TGS programs to help students grow socially as well as academically
- Interest and ability to engage with students at all times during the school day in order to take maximum advantage of teachable moments
- Professional development provided
- Benefits include PTO, contribution to employer-provided health insurance, available 401K
- Salary $38-45K, depends on education and experience
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Growth from Strengths