Direct Care Professional
Be a Direct Care Professional!
United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is helping individuals interested in being a direct care professional succeed in training, job placement, and job longevity.
- The Direct Care Workforce has the largest anticipated growth of any job sector in the country. Enroll today to join a rewarding profession with long-term security and opportunities for advancement.
- Do you like doing work that has the potential to make a difference in someone’s life?
- Are you seeking a career with growth opportunities?
- Do you feel that when you are older, you would want someone to be there to help you if you needed help?
What the Program Covers for you
- Cover the cost of pre-employment requirements including TB test, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and CPR/First Aid, and any other requirements that may come up. (Average Cost is $250 or more)
- Sponsor candidates for the Direct Care Worker Training Course: a 24 hour course where you will learn the fundamentals of caregiving, how to take care of seniors, or people living with disabilities, and have an opportunity to test your skills. Upon completion, you will be added to the AHCCCS Database that will verify your qualifications and training throughout the state of Arizona ($150 cost covered by our program).
- Free professional development and job readiness opportunities such as interview preparation, resume building, obtaining references, and more.)
- Help get you a job through collaboration with our partner agencies.
- Maintain long-term support for you after your hired including a monthly support group and Dementia Friends training.
Becoming a Direct Care Professional with the help of United Way will give you the opportunity to:
- Receive financial and personal support in obtaining pre-employment requirements
- FREE quality First Aid/CPR, caregiver and infection control training
- Receive ongoing mentorship, networking and peer support
- Develop new professional skills
- Advance your career
- Make a difference in the lives of others
All interested individuals should fill out the form above or contact program manager, Madeline Guyott, directly through United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona.
330 N. Commerce Park Loop, Suite 200
Tucson, Arizona 85745
M-F: 8am – 5pm
Your Path to Employment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building a Thriving Community by Uniting People, Ideas and Resources