Associate, Admissions & Recruitment
Per Scholas Inc
Associate, Admissions & Recruitment
Learner Facing, Campus-Based - Detroit, MI - Full Time
A THRIVING WORKFORCE STARTS WITH EQUITABLE ACCESS TO EDUCATION. BY PROVIDING SKILLS TRAINING AND ACCESS TO EMPLOYER NETWORKS TO INDIVIDUALS OFTEN EXCLUDED FROM TECH CAREERS, PER SCHOLAS ENVISIONS A TECH WORKFORCE AS DIVERSE AS THE CUSTOMERS IT SERVES.
WHO WE ARE:
Per Scholas provides tuition-free training that prepares learners for their next job and a future career. We offer a number of training tracks that teach hands-on skills in demand in the job-market.
We’re not just training for a job. We’re arming learners with business skills that result in long-term success. From entry- to mid-level positions, Per Scholas training supports long-term career growth; we aim to assist graduates in securing sustainable employment opportunities that offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, equitable career growth opportunities, inclusive work environments, and work-life balance.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
In this role, you will cultivate a pipeline of applicants and implement the outreach and enrollment process. The Admissions Manager will promote Per Scholas’ mission to prospective students through community outreach, recruitment, and digital engagement. As an integral component of the student experience, you will help build and refine our processes, and help establish our brand as a valued and sought after IT training program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Recruitment & Admissions
- Implement a rigorous outreach and admissions process throughout its entire life-cycle, ensuring targets and benchmarks for recruitment and admissions are achieved each cycle.
- Build and manage a social media marketing strategy as a tool to promote student enrollment
- Conduct presentations and administer off-site information sessions.
- Identify relationships with referral partner organizations to sustain a pipeline of candidates with a focus on mutually beneficial long-term partnerships.
- Receive and process candidate applications, including conducting phone screens and information sessions, administering the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), scheduling and participating in face-to-face candidate interviews.
- Communicate with candidates (including notifying applicants of their acceptance status) while quickly building rapport and trust.
- Make referrals to supportive services and/or alternative programs for applicants, as appropriate.
- Implement retention activities (Meetups, networking opportunities, etc.) for specific alumni populations including women and young adults.
- Execute the admissions strategy and suggest refinements for data management and tracking.
- Ensure all data pertaining to stakeholder groups (applicants, students, volunteers, community-based organizations, etc.) is accurately entered into Salesforce in a consistent and timely manner.
- Use Salesforce to track analytics in order to strategically focus time and resources.
- Produce reports to track and document both progress and outcomes.
- Keep recruitment and enrollment data organized in Salesforce, particularly as related to organizational goals and grant deliverables.
- Think strategically to recognize data and trends and suggest improvements in a start-up environment.
- Participate in staff meetings and training.
- Provide telephone coverage as needed.
- Coordinate class kickoffs and graduations.
- Work cross-functionally with a willingness to “get things done” while promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager, Recruitment & Admissions and/or Managing Director.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience)
- Experience in admissions in a nonprofit or college environment is a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude (Google Sheets/Excel, Slides/PowerPoint,, Salesforce etc), project management, and organizational skills with detailed follow-through abilities.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Strong data management skills.
- Experience with social media marketing is a plus.
- Prior knowledge or background in IT (if minimal, a desire and willingness to learn what’s needed) and a passion for technology is a plus.
- Salary Range 40,000-47,250
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
Per Scholas strives to deliver an equitable compensation and benefits package to support the financial, mental and physical wellness of our staff. We offer 37 paid days off during your first year of employment, Summer Fridays (early close each Friday of the Summer), medical benefits with premiums starting below $20 per paycheck, $1 for $1 matching on 401k contributions up to 6% of pay.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for more than 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities at businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 16,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology. To learn more, visit PerScholas.org and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing economic equity through rigorous training for tech careers.