UX Design Director
UX Design Director
Fully Remote • Chicago
At Figo, we are a lot of things, but first and foremost we are pet people. Our passion for pets lead us to disrupt the pet insurance industry with a tech driven approach that allows pet parents to worry less and play more. Passionate about changing how consumers view and interact with insurance, as well as holistically improving the lives of pets, Figo created a pet insurance solution with today’s pet parent in mind: socially connected, on-the-go, and easy to use. Our love for pets is at the root of our DNA and celebrated across our diverse and dynamic Figo team. We are creative, dynamic, and fast-paced, and we seek an energetic, self-motivated individual to join us for exciting initiatives in a quickly-growing environment that celebrates design and customer experience.
By combining pet parent insights, strategic thinking, and high-quality digital experiences, our creative team develops powerful and engaging digital products, advocacy, and trust in our brands. We are a multidisciplinary team of creatives, designers, writers, strategists, producers, and technologists who work to create exceptional art, media, and digital products.
In this role, you will be an advocate for our users, conceive and execute plans for the next generation of digital experiences, and partner with cross-functional leadership throughout the larger organization to meet business objectives. You will scale coherent user experiences across our platforms, with strategy in design, writing, marketing, and more across our Pet Cloud, Enrollment, and Admin platforms, collaborating with partners in Technology, Product Management, and Marketing. You will help set the vision, and to set up processes to achieve the needed scale efficiently and with quality. You will help audit our UX landscape, create shared definitions and understanding about the work being done, and inform processes to drive collaboration, alignment, and efficiencies.
You will manage relationships with the other UX disciplines and cross-functional partners to ensure insights, metrics, compliance requirements, and other user and business needs are integrated into the design strategy. You will facilitate and drive tooling and process improvements that support innovation and growth, and will help drive alignment of planning and goals as a bridge across organizations.
- Implement a cohesive user experience vision to be used across all digital products.
- Define and track goals, roadmaps, and detail additional resources required for initiatives.
- Drive both UX strategies and tactical executions across the team. Define processes and practices to advance collaboration across teams and cross-functional partners.
- Attract, grow, and retain UX talent. Manage external support relationships as needed.
- Build relationships with company leadership to share practices, create collaboration opportunities, and enable effective and efficient workflows.
- Establish standards for production, productivity, quality, and brand alignment.
- Take a leadership approach to all projects that provides team motivation.
- Manage and mentor UX team member(s) and assignment priorities, ensuring projects are well communicated and deployed with thorough attention to detail.
- Effciently and effectively manage a high volume of varied projects.
- Present monthly reporting of metrics, achievements, and progress.
- Work collaboratively with other designers and the technology team to ensure a consistent, integrated brand and user experience.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in the visual design feld.
- Ensure alignment of business goals with a superior end-user experience.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and potential future enhancements.
- Attentive: You focus on details and commit yourself to delivering quality work
- Independent: You are organized and reliable when delivering on deadlines
- Kind: You have a pleasant, friendly disposition, particularly when collaborating with others
- Competent: You know your way around digital tools and time-saving plugins/extensions
- Adaptive: You learn quickly and break down problems to determine solutions, even under pressure
- Flexible: You respond dynamically to emerging or changing requirements to achieve the best end products
- Versatile: You love working on a small team, where everyone wears many hats
- Responsible: Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Advocate: You have a soft spot in your heart for pets
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years as a creative professional with 2+ years of experience in a management role.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and design skills, with the ability to build relationships and create alignment with stakeholders.
- Understanding of user research and how it can be applied to UX strategy and creative direction.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree
- Experience working within organizations at the intersection of UX, technology, and business strategy, and the ability to lead teams through ambiguity and organizational transformations.
- Knowledge of React, HTML, and CSS
- Experience managing digital products from concept to launch, incorporating user research findings into product design.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries, domains, and geographies to promote the value of a user-centered product development approach.
Our Technology Environment
- Transition from Sketch to Figma underway
- Cloud-based business applications and file storage (Microsoft Office)
- Dashboards and User Analytics (Mixpanel)
- Communication & Project Management Tools (Microsoft Teams, Notion)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pet Insurance Made Simple. Designed by pet people, for pet people.