Customer Service Team Leader
Job Title: Customer Service Team Leader
Reporting to: Customer Service Team Leader, EMPAC Director, Asia Pacific
SANS Institute (SANS) was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. In the next 25 years it grew to become the most trusted and, by far, the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world reaching more than 300,000 security professionals around the world today, with around 60,000 having been granted Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) security certifications – the leading certification that provides assurance to employers that their people and prospective hires can actually do the job. At the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners – from auditors and network administrators to chief information security officers, all sharing the lessons they learn and jointly finding solutions to the challenges they face – in varied global organizations from corporations to universities working together to help the entire information security community.
Join the SANS Team
At SANS, our culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Our goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the “bad guys” (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to our students. We want employees whose personal values align well with our culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all customer enquiries relating to SANS Asia Pacific, whilst managing and supporting a team of Customer Service Assistants. You will be required to lead by example offering a world class level of support to our internal and external customers whether via email or telephone, whilst remaining conscious of the demands of working with international customers. You will also play a core role in supporting and working with the international sales teams for admin and associated tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Providing support to our customers, answering enquires via email and telephone
• Managing, supporting and coaching a team of Customer Service Advisors • Ensuring existing ticketing system is maintained effectively
• Monitoring registrations prior to events and reporting to the Sales and Event Managers • Holding responsibility for administering customer portal information
• Liaising and providing support to other cross functional Customer Service teams
• Offering technical support and account administration for SANS students across APAC
• Managing the APAC-wide Unpaid order process
• Conducting additional tasks relevant to the position as required by the business You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have:
• Proven experience in a supervisory role & leading a team • A customer-first mentality
• The ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult or distressed customers
• Experience of working with international and cross-functional teams
• The ability to plan and prioritise own/team workload and work to strict deadlines in a Customer Service role
• An understanding of the need for confidentiality and compliance within a Cyber Security environment
• Experience of using a ticketing system
• Good levels of accuracy and high attention to detail
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cyber Security Training, Certifications, Degrees and Resources