Personal Service Worker / Job Coach
workability is a small business located in Central Oregon. Our job board www.workability.one specializes in connecting neurodiverse and disabled job seekers with inclusive employers. In some cases, those employers ask workability to provide additional support on a short-term or on-going basis to ensure their new hire’s success.
This position will start off as a Freelance/Contract position, with the opportunity to become a part-time workability employee after a successful introduction period.
We are a rewarding, creative, supportive and fun workplace.
Our work environment offers:
- Growth opportunities
- Safe work environment
- On-the-job training
- Professional Development
We're looking for a self-motivated and confident individual to join our coaching staff. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working on site with individual participants to assist them in learning job tasks and maintain their employment and achieve vocational success.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support, train, motivate and advocate for individual participants at the workplace
- Analyze specific job components to determine job requirements (e.g. level of training required, specific functions, time spent on job tasks, level of difficulty, materials used, physical and psychological demands, co-worker relationships and working conditions)
- Evaluates participants to determine which specific tasks he or she can perform with and without training/support
- Teaches individual participants work-related tasks (specific job activities) and behaviors (e.g. time management, arriving at work on time, taking appropriate breaks, communicating with co-workers, signing in and out of work, etc.)
- Act as a resource to participant’s co-workers to sensitize them to participant’s needs and brainstorm and problem solve on the job challenges
- Assist participants in understanding the formal and informal customs at the job
- Recommends adaptive equipment and assists participants in using equipment required for the position
- Helps participants solve work-related problems and challenges (e.g. personal problems that interfere with work, mediating disputes with others on the job, transportation issues, etc.)
- Identifies organic and employer natural supports on-and-off-the-job for individual participants
- Implements “fading” of job coaching supports in a sensitive and appropriate way
- Collects data and documents coaching activities as per the participant’s Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Reports suspected dependent abuse and files Special Incident reports at per Title 17 regulations
- Represents workability at meetings as necessary
- Participates in the annual program evaluation as directed by the Program Director
- Performs other duties as necessary
The Job Coach shall possess the following minimum qualification:
- A year of demonstrated experience working with developmentally disabled adults
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written English communication skills and the ability to work effectively on a team that may include Service Coordinators , Employers, Parents, participants and community members
- Has good instructional skills with the ability to provide effective support to participants in the workplace
- Ability to identify and negotiate services/supports for participants in the workplace
- Shall be able to demonstrate understanding of the emotional, developmental, cognitive, and behavioral needs of the participants
- Is able to competently handle crisis or emergency situations as determined by written and verbal interviews
- Respects the cultural and linguistic values of staff, the participants, their parents, employers, co-workers and support members
- Ability to learn the best practices as they relate to supported employment
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner at all times
- Has current TB clearance, certifications in CPR/first aid
- Is able to drive, have a valid Driver’s License, clean DMV printout and current automobile insurance
- Is able to pass a criminal background check and procure fingerprint clearance
- Is able to attend staff meetings, trainings and supervision
Depending upon the client’s geographic location, some services may be delivered virtually via video conference calls, such as Zoom, Teams, or Google Chat meetings.
For more information about the process of becoming a Personal Support Worker - Job Coach, please review the presentation included here for your reference: https://www.oregon.gov/dhs/EMPLOYMENT/EMPLOYMENT-FIRST/Policy/How-to-Become-PSW-Job-Coach-Tool.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jobs Across the Spectrum