Set Design & Construction Instructor, Film and Media Industry
At Options For All (OFA), full-time employees are eligible for 100% COMPANY PAID medical, dental, and vision benefits. Qualifying dependents are eligible for 100% COMPANY PAID dental and vision benefits as well as 50% COMPANY PAID medical coverage. Coverage is effective on your first day of hire!
The Art Design & Construction Instructor creates instructional lessons and provides support to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities who desire to pursue a career in the film and media industry. We are seeking a professional that embodies optimism, teamwork, innovation, and accountability with the desire to help increase inclusion in the film and media industry by training participants and supporting job placement opportunities with community partners. This position will develop and coordinate the curriculum and lead instruction in areas of production design, set building, prop development, storyboarding, and support all productions both internally and with external partners, in addition to meeting all regulatory requirements of our stakeholders.
We encourage applicants from all communities including black, indigenous, people of color, LGBTQIA+, women, neurodiverse, and people with disabilities.
• Provide training and support to students developing film and media skills, staying innovative and up to date with industry standards.
• Create lesson plans, aligned with current industry standards, which drives instruction through formative assessment and hands-on curriculum.
• Provide a variety of assessments and uses evaluations for planning and instruction.
• Provide consistent, immediate feedback to student learning and asks questions that elicit students’ responses that incorporate prior knowledge, life experience and interests that are directly related to the content objective.
• Utilize a variety of effective instructional and management techniques keeping class discussions on topic and engaged.
• Integrate available technology/instructional media to enhance the students’ learning experiences.
• Lead set design, construction, prop development, Storyboarding and make-up in the Studio and on all projects.
• Support students during program hours and/or during employment opportunities.
• Enter and track participant data as it relates to their goals and objectives, recording development, progress, and attainment.
• Manage inventory, maintenance, and condition of Film and Media Studio equipment.
• Support students (as needed) in direct internship/employment opportunities.
• Support participants by implementing vocational training in the areas of advocacy, appropriate behavior, communication, computer training, cultural events, health and safety awareness, independent living skills, job skills, mobility, community integration, personal care training, social skills, technical support, and other designated skills.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
• Maintains a safe, organized classroom, which supports students’ independent learning, collaboration and choice.
• Attend all required meetings and in-services.
• Complete all required training.
• Comply with all Options For All policies and procedures.
• Conserve company resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
Art Design Instructor Experience
• 2+ years’ experience with digital film production, processes, and techniques.
• Experience building flats, sets, and knowledge of materials and tools respectively. (Preferred).
• Experience in art/production design for the Film Industry (preferred)
• Knowledge of Pre-production, Production, and Post-production processes.
• Proficient with both MAC and PC platforms.
• Experience with web based content management systems, video optimization and archival techniques.
• Knowledge and application of appropriate teaching strategies and methods
• Previous and/or current experience in filming/camera operation for the Film Industry (preferred).
• Experience working with individuals with a variety of disabilities within the human services, education, or a related field (preferred).
Experience in set design, set construction, art design, or another related field.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Professional English writing ability, including usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
• Participation in staff meetings and trainings. • Proficient use of basic office equipment, Microsoft Office.
• Ability to multitask, organize information, and prioritize activities.
• Ability to travel within and throughout the county in which services are provided.
• Ability to travel in and throughout the state on a quarterly basis to attend meetings, trainings, etc.
• Background Check
Compensation range is $20 to $22 per hour depending on experience, plus access to comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and a 403(b) retirement program on your first day of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 25lbs. and transfer 75lbs. required. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will be working in community environments, employment sites and office environments. The employee will experience normal office conditions with a well-lighted work area and minor noise from standard office equipment. Exposure to blood borne pathogens could occur during restrooming, feeding, or when administering first aid to participants. Hepatitis B vaccines are offered at no cost to each employee.
Per the state of California guidelines, all new hires will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create Hope, Inspire Dreams, Achieve Success