APPLY FOR A TUITION SCHOLARSHIP! Train to become a Pharmacy Technician
Have you ever considered a career as a Pharmacy Technician?
Thanks to a grant awarded to workability by the Central Oregon Health Council, we are now accepting applications to participate in a FREE online training program.
Here's a link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics description for your review: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/pharmacy-technicians.htm#:~:text=Pharmacy%20technicians%20fill%20prescriptions%20and,in%20retail%20pharmacies%20and%20hospitals.
How we’ll support your career transition*:
- You’ll receive access to a free, online training program at no cost to you.
- Once you complete the online training, we will help you apply for an Oregon Pharmacy Technician license.
- We will provide online support groups where you can ask questions about what you are learning and get answers.
- We will support you in your search and help you apply for a Pharmacy Technician job when you are done!
To qualify for this program, you must have:
- A high school diploma or GED, or be close to completing one (High school juniors and seniors who will be 18 by the time you graduate are eligible for this program)
- A clean driver’s license
- A clean background check
- Live in Crook, Deschutes or Jefferson counties. We'll require proof of address with a utility bill or credit card/bank statement that has your full name and address upon it...just like when you apply for a library card!
What we need you to do:
- Fill out an application in order to be considered for this program.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Complete the online training within six months of your enrollment date. This can be done if you dedicate 10-12 hours per week doing online training and studying. Remember, this is FREE!
- Participate in at least two online support group session per month.
- Complete the surveys we send to you before, during, and after the training program.
- Report back to us if you have found a job, where you are working, your rate of pay, and your start dates.
Apply now, and we will contact you within 30 days and let you know if you have been selected to participate in this program! You may be able to start online training in December, and start a new career in 2023!*
*Contingent upon receipt of grant funding by December 31, 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jobs Across the Spectrum