Outside Sales Representative, Zappos at Work
Welcome! You made it to the job description page!
At Zappos, we look for people who will show up as their whole self because we value diversity and inclusion, as well as people who enjoy fun and maybe even a little weirdness. So be sure to check on whether you’re aligned with our company values and culture. If you think you can see yourself delivering WOW as a member of the Zappos family, then check out the job description below!
Company Culture is at Our Core
Our 10 Core Values are more than just words, they're a way of life. We know that companies with a strong culture & a higher purpose perform better in the long run.
Do our values speak to you?
1. Deliver WOW Through Service
2. Embrace and Drive Change
3. Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5. Pursue Growth and Learning
6. Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8. Do More With Less
9. Be Passionate and Determined
10. Be Humble
We Focus on Four C’s
Commerce (the "E" kind in our case)
Zappos continues to transform and grow. Ensuring the four C’s remain top of mind in everyone’s day-to-day means delivering happiness and WOW in the long-term to customers, as well as employees, vendors, shareholders and the community, in a sustainable way.
It’s also part of our core culture to offer shoppers more styles and variety, while reimagining ways to exceed expectations, protect and grow our company culture, and serve our communities near and far.
Company Perks: Quick Reference
- A generous Zapponian discount program.
- A multitude of benefits and incentives to stay healthy and fit.
- Zappos pays 100% of every employee’s medical, dental, and vision.
- Plenty of paid time off for life, vacations, staycations, and rest.
- Zappos pays for 100% of any 12 therapy, mental health, or coaching sessions each year.
- Meaningful assistance programs like professional development, mentoring, and 401k.
- Make an impact through volunteer adventures and other community programs
- Mandatory fun? Yes, please. Enjoy team building, family spirit and plenty of room to recharge.
Check out more company perks on our website.
Zapponian [noun| employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective| not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun| the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free. Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun| a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are? Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun| you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
We are looking for friendly and reliable team members to join our retail family at Zappos Unboxed located at Mall St. Matthews. The Retail Store Operations Team Member will be expected to perform a wide variety of tasks each day while focusing on providing WOW customer service.
The Retail Store Operations Team Member will focus on an assigned area as well as helping other team members in their areas as needed. These activities will include providing excellent customer service, knowledge of store equipment and utilization, restocking merchandise on the floor, creating a compelling visual presentation, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. You will be constantly gaining product knowledge and sharing information with customers and fellow team members alike.
The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, a passion for customer service, some retail experience, and the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide a friendly atmosphere at all times by greeting each guest and focusing on their positive experience throughout their visit.
- Point of Sale proficiency to ensure speed of service and accurate transactions completed meeting company guidelines
- Ensure cash handling procedures are completed to standard
- Communicating issues and concerns to the leadership team with a great sense of urgency
- Taking initiative to support store operations including operating equipment and cash registers
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Time management skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Merchandising skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift 25lbs, stand for long periods of time, and utilize repeated motion
- Frequent walking and standing
You will be eligible to participate in our 401(k) program upon meeting the eligibility requirements set out in our policy. Please note that part-time employees are not eligible for certain employee benefits, such as life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and short-term and long-term disability coverage; however, you may become eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits if you are working an average of 30 hours per week during the company’s measurement period set out in our policy. We know, that was a lot for a few sentences, but don’t worry, you will receive a full benefits orientation when you start. Please also keep in mind that Zappos may modify or change its benefit plans as it deems necessary.
Zappos is committed to help foster an environment where we can celebrate and embrace our diversity and each person's individuality so that people can bring their whole selves to work. In order to ensure that we are considering the needs of all of our employees and building a more inclusive Zappos, we ask that you take a few minutes to update your details, even if you select “Prefer not to say” on some questions.
The Fine Print
Please limit to 2 applications.
The Zappos Family of Companies is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com or call us at 1.702.943.7777.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powered by Service.