Lead Financial Data Analyst
Lead Financial Data Analyst
San Francisco, California, United States
About the Team
OpenAI’s mission is to build safe artificial general intelligence (AGI) which benefits all of humanity. This long-term undertaking brings the world’s best scientists, engineers, and business professionals together under one organization to accomplish this.
We're building the most advanced AI models and platforms, making it easy for developers and customers to benefit from AI via ChatGPT and the OpenAI API. Our API also provides developers access to Codex – a model that translates natural language into code – and we partnered with GitHub to create an AI pair programmer, Copilot. We're working to bring other research efforts into the API such as DALL-E 2 (our text to image generator) and CLIP (our state-of-the-art image classifier).
OpenAI Finance is responsible for ensuring the organization is set up for success in pursuit of its mission. The Lead Financial Data Analyst works with key finance stakeholders to maximize the efficacy of our financial reporting and is a linchpin for the broader team.
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Lead Financial Data Analyst to design, implement, and own critical financial reporting infrastructure. This role will report to the Controller and work closely with finance leadership. This position requires deep subject matter expertise in financial reporting and data analytics systems and the ability to provide insights to support decision making. You will be a key player in driving the financial success of the organization by building – and sustaining – a world-class financial data analytics function.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ. We offer relocation assistance to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Drive automation of standardized reporting, analysis, and processes across myriad disciplines within finance including revenue, opex, tax, and month-end close
- Design and deliver dashboards to leadership that measure key performance indicators and provide for optimal business decision making
- Work cross-functionally with Strategic Finance, HR, Tax, Product, Research, and Equity to ensure the accurate and reliable flow of information between critical joint infrastructure
- Collaborate with Go-To-Market to identify business trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement
- Work with the Controller and VP of Finance to ensure your analyses can be relied upon for use in accordance with US GAAP
- Mentor and train accounting team members on data analytics infrastructure that is impacted by their respective areas
We’re looking for a blend of:
- Progressive experience in data analytics, including direct experience within a finance organization
- Exemplary ability to distill complex financial information into actionable insights for leadership
- Best-in-class attention to detail and unwavering commitment to accuracy
- Mastery of critical analytical tools including Snowflake, Mode, NetSuite, Excel, Tableau, SQL, and more
You might thrive in this role if:
- You’re an enthusiastic self-starter. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and expect to fully own your function. You take ownership of your work and believe that a job not done well is a job not done.
- You’re a master of manipulating data. Making data flow seamlessly is an art, and you are obsessed with the paintbrush. You extract hidden insights that drive better decisions and are constantly looking for ways to improve your analyses. You’re detailed and diligent.
- You’re a phenomenal teammate. You’re a strong communicator who can explain complex topics with ease, in any format. You intuitively understand the importance of keeping everyone in the loop, and you take proactive measures to do so. You’re intellectually honest.
- You’re passionate about technology and artificial intelligence.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
The annual salary range for this role is $180,000 – $230,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.