Job Title: Deli Clerk DOT #290.477-018
Location: Varies, depending on assigned store
Work Hours: Shifts may vary; 8 hour shifts, subject to extended hours on occasion; weekends, nights as assigned; no guaranteed minimum hours.
• Cash register operation, light bookkeeping (i.e., paper transactions, reconciling till, etc.).
• Customer services, bagging groceries, responding to customer inquiries.
• Cleaning of shelves, floors, food preparation areas, machinery, parking lot, emptying garbage, etc.
• Stocking and pricing freight on shelves as well as “fronting” and rearranging shelves.
• Stocking and pricing cooler items; bagging 10 lb. bags of ice.
• Food service, including preparation of minimally heated fast foods, making coffee, preparation of deli foods, including operation of electric slicer to slice meat, produce, cheese, etc.
• Full deli operation including stocking cooler in a.m. with pre-made sandwiches and salads, special order of sandwiches, pizza and washing dishes throughout the day.
• Operation of electrical deli equipment.
• Bottle sorting, filling pop machines with ice; breaking down cardboard boxes. Qualifications
• Must be 18 years of age; must have food handlers permit.
• Must know basic arithmetic; capable of making change & verifying age of customer.
• Must pass drug test.
• Must speak/read/write English. Essential Functional Requirements (Constantly = Over 2/3 Time, Frequently = 1/3-2/3 Time, Occasionally = Under 1/3 Time, Infrequently = <5% Time) Physical:
• Standing/Walking: Constantly/continuously, throughout workshift on concrete/tile surfaces, with allotted breaks. Distance varies depending on assignment, typically 1-2 miles per shift. Fatigue mats are placed at all cash register areas.
• Sitting: Normally no sitting, except during allotted breaks. Sitting required during weekend shifts while performing manager’s bookkeeping duties (approximately ½ to 1 hour).
• Lift/Carry: Constantly, 1-10 lbs.; grocery items, supplies. Occasionally, 11-35 lbs.; ice buckets, water buckets, food and beverage cases. Carrying limited to 1-30 feet. Infrequent rearranging of 43-53 lb. syrup boxes for pop machines.
• Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands/arms, exerting approximately 15-20 lbs. force; moving pop barrels on wheels. Infrequently, approximately 35-50 lbs. force; freestanding displays and stacked crates of milk/beverages, sliding on floor (in 6 stores only).
• Climbing: Occasionally, with 1-3 foot step ladder to dump ice into pop machine, stock shelves, retrieve supplies, etc.
• Bending/Twisting: Frequent bending at waist/knees/neck while stocking shelves, cleaning, mopping, sweeping. Twisting occurs frequently when operating cash register, in order to respond to numerous customers simultaneously.
• Kneeling/Crouching: Frequently, throughout shift; stocking shelves and performing cleaning activities.
• Hands/Arms: Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while cashiering, bagging, stocking, cleaning, etc.; overhead reaching required occasionally to retrieve cigarettes, supplies from upper shelves. At drive-up locations, clerk performs extended reaching and lifting 10-15 lbs. while handing items from window to vehicle.
• Sight: Constantly; near and mid-range vision.
• Speech/Hearing: Constant interpersonal communication with customers and coworkers. Mental: • Attention to detail while making change and completing required reports. • Good oral communications skills.
• Ability to maintain positive customer relations under busy conditions and/or when subject to customer demands.
• Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks as assigned.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, during frequent interruptions; can be fast-paced. Work Conditions
• Location: Work primarily performed indoors with no extremes of heat or cold.
• Hazards: Exposure to slippery surfaces, knife cuts, occasional exposure to burns and auto exhaust fumes (auto exhaust in 3 drive-up locations only), hands subject to constant wetness and cleaning solution.
• Tools/Equipment: Knives, cash register, hand truck, crates, mop, bucket, cleaning tools, gloves, computer, 10-key calculator.
Your application has been successfully submitted.