Director of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
job requisition id
JOB TITLE: Director of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
DEPARTMENT: Global Finance
REPORTS TO: Global CFO
This position can reside near any BraunAbility location,
including Sweden and can be a hybrid work arrangement.
We're seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the newly created role of Director of ESG for the BraunAbility family of companies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for ESG and a desire to lead our companies towards a more sustainable future through the implementation and management of BraunAbility’s global ESG programs. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is an opportunity to work across our companies and build a highly impactful function from the ground up.
BraunAbility is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of mobility transportation solutions for people with physical disabilities. Founded 50 years ago by entrepreneur Ralph Braun, an inspiring industry pioneer who overcame challenges related to his own battle with muscular dystrophy, Ralph initially engineered solutions for his own independence. With others soon hearing of Ralph’s solutions and seeking that same independence for themselves a company was born, and today BraunAbility remains true to its mission of “Devoted to Making Life a Moving Experience for All.”
BraunAbility has been a major innovator and leader in delivering mobility solutions since its inception, with a vast product line of wheelchair accessible vehicles, wheelchair lifts and seating adaptations. The company that Ralph Braun started in his parents’ garage is now a thriving enterprise with a global headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and three distinct business units, as well as a recent joint venture announced with Q’Straint, a leader in wheelchair securement solutions. The global enterprise is comprised of nearly 2,000 employees, on course to reach its strategic goal of $1.2 billion in revenue.
BraunAbility is a highly mission-driven company fueled by a drive for product development to satisfy market needs. It has a performance-oriented, values-based and familial culture, rooted in respect for people and the legacy of Ralph Braun. Guided by a compelling vision, BraunAbility is growth-focused, committed to continuous improvement and technology, and grounded in a passion to serve the needs of its unique customer base.
BraunAbility is a wholly owned company in the Patricia Industries portfolio. Patricia invests in high-quality, wholly owned companies and works to enable its businesses to reach full potential. Patricia Industries was established in 2015 in Sweden by the Wallenberg family. It is owned by the family’s renown industrial holding company, Investor AB, which has significant ownership interest in some of the most prominent blue chip industrial corporations in the world. Patricia Industries is committed to the philosophy of building high-growth, high-performing companies for the long term through active and engaged participation at the board level.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sustainability strategy that aligns with BraunAbility’s overall business goals and vision.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate sustainability into all aspects of business operations and processes; Provide technical ESG support across all BraunAbility companies, translating best practices into actionable plans and improvements.
- Monitor and report on the company’s sustainability performance and progress against established goals and targets.
- Stay up to date on sustainability trends and best practices and identify new opportunities for the company to lead the industry in sustainability.
- Ensure alignment with BraunAbility’s parent company initiatives, including the EU’s emerging ESRS reporting requirements; develop a plan to reduce GHG emissions in accordance with the Paris climate agreement.
- Evaluate the positive financial impact of company ESG initiatives and leverage opportunities to translate ESG efforts into a competitive advantage.
- Communicate the company’s sustainability story to internal and external audiences through various channels, including sustainability reports, presentations, and public engagements; Create and deliver compelling investor, stakeholder and customer communications.
- Partner with key individuals across the enterprise to promote ESG programs and socialize its results.
- Lead an ESG Steering Committee.
- Perform additional duties as requested by management.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (environmental science, business, engineering, or related field).
- A minimum of 10+ years of professional work experience to include five years of experience leading an ESG program. Preferred experience in ESG program implementation and driving efforts and engagement with employees, investors, and other stakeholders in a high growth, fast-paced enterprise environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to professionally present complex concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and priorities. A self-starter.
- Experience delivering meaningful data driven ESG reporting, communications, and insights.
- Proven skills analyzing ESG program initiatives to identify positive impact and opportunities.
- Influencing skills – using data to support decision making of business patterns, fostering open communication, and being supporting and effective in a team environment.
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to convey business insights.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including internationally.
BraunAbility is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BraunAbility is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Devoted to Making Life a Moving Experience for All