Manager of Advanced Mobility Solutions
job requisition id
Manager of Advanced Mobility Solutions
BraunAbility is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of mobility transportation solutions for people with physical disabilities. Founded 50 years ago by entrepreneur Ralph Braun, an inspiring industry pioneer who overcame challenges related to his own battle with muscular dystrophy, Ralph initially engineered solutions for his own independence. With others soon hearing of Ralph’s solutions and seeking that same independence for themselves a company was born, and today BraunAbility remains true to its mission of “Devoted to Making Life a Moving Experience for All.”
BraunAbility has been a major innovator and leader in delivering mobility solutions since its inception, with a vast product line of wheelchair accessible vehicles, wheelchair lifts and seating adaptations. The company that Ralph Braun started in his parents’ garage is now a thriving global enterprise comprised of nearly 2,000 employees.
BraunAbility is a highly mission-driven company fueled by a drive for product development to satisfy market needs. It has a performance-oriented, values-based and familial culture, rooted in respect for people and the legacy of Ralph Braun. Guided by a compelling vision, BraunAbility is growth-focused, committed to continuous improvement and technology, and grounded in a passion to serve the needs of its unique customer base.
This role exists to increase the pace of innovation for accessible transportation products and solutions for those with mobility disabilities. The transportation industry is rapidly evolving in the areas of electrification, autonomy, connectivity, and shared mobility. Developing and implementing strategies in these and other market-shaping areas will ensure that BraunAbility remains the leader in accessible transportation. Working for the Director, Advanced Mobility Solutions, the innovation strategist will identify and explore new opportunities in accessible mobility, with an emphasis on bringing existing and new technologies to existing and new products.
- Work across global business units to help drive innovation, leveraging advanced market research methods for novel ideas and insights.
- Promote strategic and open innovation; introduce group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking; help proliferate tools that will drive creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Drive ideation through idea generation platforms and formats.
- Collaborate with BraunAbility R&D to match technical solutions to future market needs.
- Identify and assist in developing beneficial partnerships that can help shape the future of BraunAbility; Including automotive OEMs, electric and autonomous vehicle developers, academic institutions, advocacy groups, governmental organizations, and advanced technology companies.
- Support development of and leveraging relationships with industry thought leaders and participation in futuristic-focused events and groups.
- Analyze market, industry, regulatory and technology trends and incorporate them into a global “mobility solutions” product roadmap with a vision of 5-15 years.
- Support ongoing development of visual and virtual war rooms for advanced technologies and product programs; drive internal awareness and participation.
- Participate on cross-functional teams focused on advanced technology projects and future developments. Translate and organize rough input and ideas into clear and concise strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices, and familiarity with the transportation industry.
- Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
- Have excellent writing skills, ability to distill complex issues and projects to their key elements and communicate them effectively.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuasively sell ideas.
- Possess an inquisitive and creative mind.
- Independent and self-directed but also able to work with and inspire others via team projects.
- Strong technical capabilities as it pertains to using MS Office tools efficiently and effectivity (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Technology-related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience to include 3 years of direct work experience in an automotive OEM or automotive supplier environment, preferably with experience in product development, program management, strategy development, marketing, or market research required.
BraunAbility is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BraunAbility is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Devoted to Making Life a Moving Experience for All