Pre-Employment Training Services (Pre-ETS) Pharmacy Technician Training and Summer Work Experience
workability has contracted with the State of Oregon's Pre-Employment Training Services (Pre-ETS) department to provide career exploration and summer work experience for students with I/DD aged 17 to 21 who reside in one of the following counties:
Crook, Deschutes, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, and Lake counties plus the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Wallowa, Gilliam, Wasco, Douglas, Curry and Malheur.
To enroll, you will need to ask your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for a referral to this program. To request Pre-ETS, fill out the Pre-Employment Request for Consultation form (DHS 1723 or DHS 1723s) and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we’ll support your career exploration, training and summer work experience*:
- You’ll receive access to a free, online training program at no cost to you.
- You must complete the online training program before you can start a summer work experience in a pharmacy setting.
- We will provide weekly, online support groups where you can ask questions about what you are learning and get answers.
- Once you complete the online training, we will help you to land a paid summer work experience in a pharmacy setting in the community where you reside.
Please note that participants may work as a Pharmacy Cashier or Clerk until obtaining an Oregon State pharmacy technician license, because workers cannot perform pharmacy technician duties or tasks until licensed.
To qualify for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Ages 17 to 21 and enrolled in a school or educational program, and provide proof of enrollment.
- Enrolled in your county's Intellectual Developmental Disability support program.
- Enrolled in a Pre-ETS, Youth Transition Program, or Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- A clean background check
- Reside in Crook, Deschutes, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, and Lake counties plus the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs, Wallowa, Gilliam, Wasco, Douglas, Curry and Malheur.
- Proof of country residency and school enrollment may be required.
How you can get the ball rolling:
- Contact your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) and ask them to provide a referral to this program.
- Please ask the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) in your region to email the referral to Referrals@workability.one.
Ask your VRC to contact us and you may be able to start online training in April*, and start a summer work experience after the end of your school year.
To request Pre-ETS, fill out the Pre-Employment Request for Consultation form (DHS 1723 or DHS 1723s) and email directly to email@example.com.
*Contingent upon receipt of a fully executed contract with the State of Oregon by April 15, 2023.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jobs Across the Spectrum