Intern, Grounds / Turf Management
at Major League Baseball
Vero Beach, Florida
The Intern, Grounds for the Jackie Robinson Training Complex (JRTC) assists with the day-to-day maintenance of ten and a half athletic fields, common areas and facility grounds for year-round events including games, practices, camps, and special events. The Inter, Grounds also assists with maintaining all landscaped areas including plants, trees, and shrubs. The Internship is designed to provide a supervised work experience for students or recent graduates to build their expertise and proficiency in turf and athletic field management, as well as enhance their problem-solving abilities. Along with baseball and softball, there will be other opportunities to work other sports and events at the complex.
- Maintain baseball, softball and other athletic fields, landscaped areas, and facility grounds for the purpose of providing high quality, attractive and safe areas for athletic and non-athletic events.
- Perform regular grounds maintenance tasks including but not limited to mowing, edging, raking, weeding, and trimming.
- Prune trees, hedges, and shrubs.
- Assist with dragging base baths, clay repair and preparation of pitching mounds and home plates
- Setup athletic fields and equipment for practices and games.
- Assist with field tarp placements during adverse weather conditions.
- Perform manual labor including regular lifting of heavy objects and equipment, bending, stooping, and digging to maintain grounds.
- Inspect, clean, and help maintain grounds keeping equipment to ensure safe and proper operating conditions.
- Assist in proper execution of cultural practices.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager, Grounds or Manager, Grounds.
- Be enrolled or recently graduated from a Turf Management Program or related field.
- Eagerness to learn and advance in the industry with high attention to detail.
- Have authorization to work in the US.
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Flexible work schedule. Be able to work 40+ hours per week as well as nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical grounds keeping hand tools and power equipment on a regular basis for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a hands-on position in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Major League Baseball
Enjoy the Show