QA Test Lead - Games Studio, Boss Fight Entertainment
QA Test Lead - Games Studio
- Dallas, Texas
- Boss Fight Entertainment
Netflix is looking for an experienced senior test professional to join the Netflix Games Bossfight Studio in delivering the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience.
Your hands-on approach and innovative technical proficiency will have a significant impact on the oversight of multiple Netflix titles, and in leading the QA effort for their releases. This role requires exceptional testing expertise, project management skills, and deep understanding across a diverse consumer device universe with a specific focus on Android and iOS.
With excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a real passion for a positive user experience; the ideal candidate will work as an integrated member of a cross-functional team, participating in the design and execution of QA strategies and methods.
This position requires the hands-on ability to lead an internal QA team and multiple QA Vendor groups in the execution of your test plans, across multiple projects, ensuring all titles under your responsibility meet business deadlines while upholding the highest levels of quality.
- Lead and manage a QA Vendor test team towards individual and team excellence
- Coordinate responsible test areas with internal staff and QA Vendor groups
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Project manage and maintain testing schedules for all game titles in your area
- Hands-on testing of game functionality across the Android/iOS device universe along with other consumer devices
- Partner with engineering teams and Producers to identify requirements and develop test plans
- Own and drive requirements gathering and risk identification
- Create a strong sense of purpose, community, and trust throughout the team
- Conduct and lead live operations testing as your titles release
- Deep involvement in developing/identifying appropriate tooling and frameworks to support all testing efforts● Coach and develop talent across the department
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in QA
- Minimum 3 years experience leading test teams
- Priority for mobile games testing experience, with iOS/Android testing skills
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Demonstrated experience in QA project management over multiple titles, simultaneously Expert knowledge of technical requirements, tools, and processes
- Experience translating requirements into effective test cases
- Proven ability to work both remotely and independently
- Experience in leading teams both locally and remotely
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, and TCM tools
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Appcenter and Testflight
- Dallas Texas, or open to relocation
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means the QA Test Lead to be available for meetings etc. during the time period. The QA Test Lead will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $90,000 - $500,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.